Monday, January 14, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!



Happy New Year everyone.
Well it's been a while since I last updated. I've been locked for four months now and I am serious when i say everyday I fall in love with my locks a little more. I'm starting to see the changes as some of them lock up, some unravel, and others look the same. All in all I'm loving it though. I'm not even tripping over length anymore. Don't get me wrong I CAN"T WAIT FOR THE LENGTH!!! But I'm having such a good time watching it transition.
I went home (CT) over the holidays and I got mixed reviews concerning my hair. Most people kind of looked at me sideways and said the usual "Why did you do that to yourself?" I look at them the same way and say," what did I do?" They kind of laugh it off after that. I say hey u don't have to like it because I love enough for the both of us!!
How about this one, "You don't really have dreads they are just tiny braids you got jipped." When you do something different people always try to find a way to put you down. I don't discriminate locks are locks I have come to appreciate each and every method but I chose the sisterlock method for myself and I have NO regrets.
I love being a LOCKED DIVA!! ;)

By the way I'm on my way to the gym in the pics and I wear a stocking to pill my hair back.

3 comments:

Quietspirit said...

I just discovered your blog. Your locks look lovely. And you are just beaming with excitement. The lenghth will come in due time. Enjoy each phase. I'm originally from Central PA, Harrisburg so I've heard of Chambersburg. I'm curious, where did you have your locks done and may I ask who did them?

Journeii said...

I had my locks installed by a consultant in Gettysburg named Malethia. I now go to Harrisburg and get my retightenings by a sisterlock trainee named Desiree.

Thank u for the compliment.

z said...

I think we are hair twins because looking at your locks is like looking at my own when they were first installed. Don't worry about the length, that will come once your locks are sealed and enjoy the journey. The last time my hair was this length (medium) was in my 2nd year of college.....when I had a perm.

My locks are really growing now and I didn't realize the game changes once you have length. My hair gets into everything now so I have to change the way I do things. Enjoy your current length while it lasts.